These publications are provided to the academic community for use in teaching and research. All copyrights remain with the appropriate parties as listed in the publications themselves.
- Charles, Gazzola, Mahadevan, Topology, geometry, and mechanics of strongly stretched and twisted filaments: solenoids, plectonemes, and artificial muscle fibers, Physical Review Letters, 2019.
- Zhang, Chan, Parthasarathy, Gazzola*, Modeling and simulation of complex dynamic musculoskeletal architectures, Nature Communications, 2019.
- Parthasarathy, Chan, Gazzola*, Streaming-enhanced flow-mediated transport, Journal of Fluid Mechanics, 2019. _Cover_
- Aydin^, Zhang^, Nuethong, Pagan-Diaz, Bashir, Gazzola*, Saif, Neuromuscular actuation of biohybrid motile bots, Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, 2019.
- Chowdhary, Gazzola, Krishnan, Soman, Lovell, Soft robotics as an enabling technology for agroforestry practice and research, Sustainability, 2019.
- Bernier, Gazzola, Ronsse, Chatelain, Simulations of propelling and energy harvesting articulated bodies via vortex particle-mesh methods, Journal of Computational Physics, 2019.
Bernier, Gazzola, Chatelain, Rousse, Numerical simulations and development of drafting strategies for robotic swimmers at low Reynolds number, IEEE International Conference on Biomedical Robotics and Biomechatronics (BioRob), 2018.
Gazzola, Dudte, McCormick, Mahadevan, Forward and inverse problems in the mechanics of soft filaments, Royal Society Open Science, 2018.
Pagan‐Diaz, Zhang, Grant, Kim, Aydin, Cvetkovic, Ko, Solomon, Hollis, Kong, Saif, Gazzola, Bashir, Simulation and fabrication of stronger, larger and faster walking biohybrid machines, Advanced Functional Materials, 2018.
Park, Gazzola, Park, Park, Di Santo, Blevins, Lind, Campbell, Dauth, Capulli, Pasqualini, Ahn, Cho, Yuan, Maoz, Vijaykumar, Choi, Deisseroth, Lauder, Mahadevan, Parker, Phototactic guidance of a tissue-engineered soft-robotic ray, Science, 2016. _Cover_ / _Press_
Gazzola, Tchieu, Alexeev, de Brauer, Koumoutsakos, Learning to school in the presence of hydrodynamic interactions, Journal of Fluid Mechanics, 2016.
van Rees, Gazzola, Koumoutsakos, Optimal morphokinematics for undulatory swimmers at intermediate Reynolds numbers, Journal of Fluid Mechanics, 2015.
Huhn, van Rees, Gazzola, Rossinelli, Haller, Koumoutsakos, Quantitative flow analysis of swimming dynamics with coherent Lagrangian vortices, Chaos, 2015. _Research_Highlight_ / _Press_
Gazzola, Argentina, Mahadevan, Gait and speed selection in slender inertial swimmers, Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, 2015.
Rossinelli, Hejazialhosseini, van Rees, Gazzola, Bergdorf, Koumoutsakos, MRAG-I2D: Multi-resolution adapted grids for remeshed vortex methods on multicore architectures, Journal of Computational Physics, 2015.
Gazzola, Hejazialhosseini, Koumoutsakos, Reinforcement learning and wavelet adapted vortex methods for simulations of self-propelled swimmers, SIAM Journal on Scientific Computing, 2014.
van Rees, Gazzola, Koumoutsakos, Optimal shapes for anguilliform swimmers at intermediate Reynolds numbers, Journal of Fluid Mechanics, 2013. _Cover_
Gazzola, Mimeau, Tchieu, Koumoutsakos, Flow mediated interactions between two cylinders at finite Re numbers, Physics of Fluids, 2012.
Gazzola, Chatelain, van Rees, Koumoutsakos, Simulations of single and multiple swimmers with non-divergence free deforming geometries, Journal of Computational Physics, 2011.
Chatelain, Gazzola, Kern, Koumoutsakos, Optimization of aircraft wake alleviation schemes through an evolution strategy, Lecture Notes in Computer Science, 2011.
Gazzola, Vasilyev, Koumoutsakos, Shape optimization for drag reduction in linked bodies using evolution strategies, Computers and Structures, 2011.
Gazzola, Burckhardt, Bayati, Engelke, Greber, Koumoutsakos, A Stochastic model for microtubule motors describes the in vivo cytoplasmic transport of human adenovirus, PLoS Computational Biology, 2009.
Peiro, Formaggia, Gazzola, Radaelli, Rigamonti, Shape reconstruction from medical images and quality mesh generation via implicit surfaces, International Journal for Numerical Methods in Fluids, 2007.
Oubel, De Craene, Gazzola, Alfred, Frangi, Multiview registration of cardiac tagging MRI images, 4th IEEE International Symposium on Biomedical Imaging, 2007.